Services for Investors
Julie C. Ferguson, P.A. is a national leader in representing investors in connection with preparing EB-5 Visa petitions (I-526) and applications for removal of conditions (I-829).
Regional Center Selection
Our firm will meet with you and evaluate the following:
- Your eligibility for the EB-5 visa
- Possible inadmissibility issues
- Accredited investor status
- Ability to prove lawful source of funds and clear path of funds
- Whether other types of visas may better suit your needs and goals
- Your investment selection criteria, including review of your personal and professional background, financial situation, risk tolerance, industry preferences, and other pertinent characteristics to help us better understand your preferences and requirements when choosing
Initial Evaluation of Regional Centers
We will then help you narrow the choice of regional center projects to the three that best meet your objectives. We will:
- Share with you our information concerning the history, performance, financial, and management features of the various regional centers
- Provide you with up to 10 executive summaries of the main business and financial, historical, and organizational features
- Analyze selected regional centers’ compliance with legal requirements for the application for the EB-5 program
- Analyze selected regional centers’ compliance with legal requirements for the removal of the conditional nature of the initial permanent residence
- Conduct research on your behalf, which includes contacting selected regional centers as your attorney to develop additional information needed to evaluate the regional centers and their investment projects.
Review of Offering Documents
- We will review the subscription and partnership agreements for the three regional centers that most interest you, along with other documents provided by the regional centers.
Review of Financial Statements
- We will help you obtain cash flow and net worth statements from the selected regional centers, along with any other financial documents that will help to assess the financial strengths and weaknesses of the three regional center projects you selected.
Please note, however, that we are not financial advisers and will not assess the financial strengths and weaknesses of the projects for you. We will assist in connecting you with a qualified financial adviser with whom you can review the financial documents and assess the financial strengths and weaknesses of the projects that interest you.
Interview Principals of Selected Centers and Project Managers
We will contact the principals of regional centers and project managers to discuss their investment projects and to pose questions that will help assess their knowledge and character.
Petition Preparation Service
Preparation and Submission of I-526 Petition
Once the investor has selected a regional center, we will prepare and submit the I-526 petition. The process includes the following steps:
- Review of the client’s professional, business, educational, and financial profile
- Review of client’s personal and family background
- Review and refinement of client’s curriculum vitae
- Development of plan for sourcing funds for investment
- Document path of funds from client’s personal bank account to regional center account
- Request supporting documents from client; review and assemble
- Prepare Form I-526 and send to client for signature and return
- Assemble petition package (500-1,000 pages)
- Review, correct, and refine petition
- Send PDF to client for final fact check
- Express mail petition to USCIS in Lewisville, Texas.
Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing
Once the I-526 petition is approved, the EB-5 investor may apply for lawful permanent residence status (the “green card”) in one of two ways.
If client is in lawful status in the United States:
- Prepare Forms I-485 (Application to Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), and I-131 (Application for Travel Document)
- Collect supporting documents, assemble, and submit to USCIS.
If client is outside the United States:
- Submit forms and documentation requested by the National Visa Center, including the DS Forms and original documents
- Guide client in completing medical exams and police clearances
- Prepare clients and family members for consular interview
- Prepare clients for interview at port of entry and receipt of lawful permanent resident status.
Preparation and Submission of I-829 Petition
During the three months prior to the expiration of the initial green card, the investor must submit an I-829 petition to remove the conditions on initial residency.
Failure to timely file this petition will result in termination of green card status.
The I-829 process includes the following steps:
- Collect and evaluate regional center documentation, including documentation demonstrating that the client’s investment created at least 10 jobs
- Examine regional center project to determine whether there has been any “material change” in the business plan since client’s I-526 was approved
- Collect information from client and regional center demonstrating the client’s capital investment was made in accordance with the regional center’s business plan
- Submit petition to USCIS.